JOB TITLE: Psychiatric Social Worker
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
PROGRAM: Article 31 Mental Health Clinic
ADDRESS: 42-16 162nd Street, 2nd Floor. Flushing, NY 11358
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 1973 as the first community-based social service agency targeting the Korean population, The Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (KCS) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) multi-social service organization supported by government agencies, foundations, corporations and concerned individuals. The objectives of KCS are to develop and deliver a broad range of social service programs to meet the various needs of the community. In order to achieve these objectives, KCS provides various professional social service programs in the areas of Community, Aging, Workforce Development and Public Health, and Mental Health.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Meet agency requirements for qualitative and quantitative contacts with clients. Includes conducting intake interviews; rendering diagnoses in accordance with DSM criteria; providing crisis intervention; providing individual, family, and group psychotherapy; conducting telephone referrals; providing advocacy, case management and
- Meet agency requirements for qualitative and quantitative documentation. Includes writing progress notes, treatment plans, intake assessments, correspondence regarding clients, termination summaries, encounter forms and any and all other required
- Participate in advocacy and outreach activities and collaborate with other community organizations. Includes organizing community educational seminars, reaching out to schools, precincts, hospitals, churches, and community-based organizations, leading and developing anti-stigma
- Engage in administrative activities for the clinic which include participating in budget planning, grant writing, and developing service delivery protocols and clinical
- Assess the needs of the clients including their basic needs such as food, clothing, and
- Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the needs of the
- Provide coverage for walk-ins and phone referrals as
- Monitor and coordinate psychiatrist psychopharmacology
- Responsible for all administrative and clinical documentation associated with direct service clients.
- Maintain content and format of casework record according to regulatory
- Complete and submit all documentation required for agency reimbursement for services in a thorough, complete, accurate and timely
- Report all incidents as outlined in agency policies and procedures manual in a timely and professional
- Maintain all applicable standards of audit
- Attend case conferences and present
- Attend and actively participate in individual and group
- Provide weekly supervision to MSW interns for the
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling from a nationally accredited institution
- Valid NYS LMSW/ LMHC/ LMFT required, LCSW preferred
- Ability to speak Korean or Mandarin preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience
Dependent upon experience.
Fringe benefits, Health Insurance, 401K (after 1 year of employment), Paid vacation/sick/personal days.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Jo Park, Clinic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.