LOCATION: Bayside, NY
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The mission of the Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (KCS) is to be the bridge for Korean immigrants and the wider Asian community to fully integrate into society and overcome any economic, health and social barriers so that they become independent and thriving members of the community. We accomplish this by providing culturally competent programs in the areas of Aging, Education, Immigration, Workforce Development, Public Health and Mental Health.
KCS serves over 1,300 individuals daily with the help of 10 Board members, 81 full- and part-time staff, and about 100 volunteers who are all working to make our community better in locations around the greater New York area. There are six site locations in the New York City area including four in Queens, an office in Manhattan and a satellite office in Brooklyn.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of External Relations will be responsible for developing and managing KCS’ fundraising strategies, marketing and serving as the liaison to KCS’ external partners, including public and private funders. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, solution-oriented individual to lead and implement organization-wide strategies as a key member of the leadership team for a fast-growing, high-impact nonprofit organization.
- Develops KCS’ fundraising plan, which incorporates defining goals, creating a strategic plan and identifying the most effective outreach and engagement methods
- Oversee revenue budgeting process with KCS’ Fiscal Department
- Work with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to set strategy and deliverables for the Board’s fundraising efforts, including the Annual Gala
- Develop a pipeline of prospects and arrange cultivation meetings for the ED
- Steward relationships with current and potential funders to secure and expand revenue streams
- Oversee KCS’ grants by overseeing the preparation, review and submission of grant proposals and reports
- Integrate fundraising messaging and strategy into KCS’ overall communications strategy with the goal of diversifying and expanding support for KCS’ mission from individual, corporate, foundation and government funders
- Oversee monthly department reports of all donations, sponsorships and other fundraising revenue
- Publicly represent KCS with external groups including funders, government agencies and partner organizations as a strong advocate for the organization’s mission and programs
- Develop KCS’ marketing and communications plan on an annual basis with the Executive Director, including strategies for communicating about the organization and its programs to prospective funders, peers and other stakeholders
- Utilize all communications and marketing efforts to support and strengthen development goals
- Lead and coach the development of the communications capacity of senior staff representing KCS, with an emphasis on ensuring consistent messaging across the organization
- Motivate, mentor and manage a small development and communications staff and lead cross-functional teams/projects
- Together with senior leadership, implement a strategy to continue to grow KCS’ vision and reputation as a leader within the Korean, Asian and overall immigrant community in New York City
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of senior level experience demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility with proven success in all external affairs, strategic messaging, fundraising and communications.
- Education: Master’s degree required.
- Language: Working proficiency in both English and Korean is preferred.
- Development/Fundraising: Demonstrated experience developing and managing an organizational fundraising strategy. Ability to think strategically and entrepreneurially. Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of effective donor communication.
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines in order to achieve desired outcomes. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Team Management: Comfort managing a diverse team with hands-on management style and the ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise.
- Communication: Exceptional writing, verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to prepare and deliver information both internally and externally. Professional demeanor and interpersonal style that elicits trust from leadership, funders, staff and partners.
- Additional Characteristics: Exercise integrity, judgment and discretion. Sense of humor, flexibility and a “no job is too big or too small” attitude.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including 4 weeks paid vacation plus 23 paid time off including holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Health insurance, commuter benefits and a retirement package
To apply please send resume, cover letter and references to Bora Lee at email@example.com. The subject of the email should be titled, “Head of External Relations.”