ORGANIZATION: Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York, Inc.
POSITION: Development Associate
LOCATION: Bayside, NY
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: KCS’ mission is to be the bridge for Korean immigrants and the wider Asian community to fully integrate into society and overcome and economic, health and linguistic barriers so that they become independent and thriving members of the community. We accomplish this by providing culturally competent programs in the areas of Aging, Education, Immigration, Workforce Development and Public Health.
KCS serves over 1,300 individuals daily with the help of 9 Board members, 84 full- and part-time staff, and about 100 volunteers who are all working to make our community better in locations around the greater New York area. There are six site locations in the New York City area including four in Queens, an office in Manhattan and a satellite office in Brooklyn.
ABOUT THE POSITION: This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, solution-oriented individual to lead and implement the fundraising strategy and executing special events for a fast growing, high-impact nonprofit organization. The Special Events Manager and Fundraising Manager will oversee, manage and implement the organization’s fundraising strategy in partnership with the Executive Director and senior leadership.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements KCS’ fundraising plan, which incorporates individual and major gifts, corporate and foundation grant support, and special events
- Manages all aspects of institutional fundraising including the identification, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors including maintaining a portfolio of all donors
- Actively works with Executive Director and the Board of Directors to develop a robust individual and major gifts plan for KCS
- Provides support to the Board of Directors to manage their solicitation activities and provide guidance on fundraising efforts
- Works with Program Directors and other program leadership staff to determine measurable outcomes and evaluation tools necessary to
- Develops strategic action plan for all special events, including KCS’ Annual Gala
- Assists in planning the Annual Gala Fundraiser and assisting the Executive Director in securing sponsorships for the event
- Provides monthly reports of all donations, sponsorships, & other fundraising revenue to the Executive Director
- Leads marketing and communications efforts with Executive Director
- Develops policies and procedures in line with fundraising best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree required with at least 5 years experience in fundraising/development
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing an organizational fundraising strategy.
- Self-motivated with ability to handle high volumes of detailed work while meeting tight deadlines and maintaining accuracy
- A track record of success generating revenue and raising funds on behalf of an organization, meeting or exceeding goals.
- Exceptional persuasive communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent event planning skills and experience.
- Interest, enthusiasm and affinity for KCS’s mission.
- Comfort working independently and with a diverse team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Sense of humor, attention to detail, flexibility and a “no job is too big or too small” attitude.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including 4 weeks paid vacation plus 23 paid time off including holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Health insurance, Commuter benefits and a Retirement package
To apply please send resume, cover letter and references to LLee@kcsny.org.